Friday 29 November 2013

Pop Ups!!!

I've never been an early adopter of anything, so it seems fitting that I only discover Karen Burniston's Pop n Cuts range just as Sizzix stop making them. Such a shame, her pop up cards are awesome, and this pre cut die range takes the hard work out of the cutting stage, leaving more time for the fun decorating stuff. 
 


Karen's blog has loads of great ideas for using the dies, including a template to make a floating floor (a platform in your card that lets you sink other pop up elements in it). 
 
I recently bought the new square card base die set and had difficulty making the floating floor template fit that card base because it makes a shorter and wider card than the original A2 round label card base die. I searched the internet and couldn't find a floating floor template for the new square card. I tried drawing one up myself but I struggled. So I went back to Karen's original template and found that with a bit of alteration it does work with the square card. You just have to be ultra precise about placing score lines and instead of folding the back flap of the insert card down to support the back of the card, you need to cut two separate little legs to stick to the back of it.
 
Here! I made a handy video to show you what I mean. (Prepare yourself for some hopeless camera work - at one stage I think I forgot I was filming & the camera gazes glumly out of the window while I bang on about something out of shot. Also, I keep forgetting I could film in landscape view & get a lot more in shot. One day...).
 



No comments: